We can't wait for you to visit the York Area Children's Museum! To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit, all guests are expected to follow the Museum's visitor policies as outlined below:
- In order to keep the entry fee of the museum at the affordable price of $1 per person, please ensure that the exhibits and toys are treated with respect.
- For the safety of all of our guests, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Be kind and share the space by being respectful and courteous to others around you.
- All guests must use their “walking feet.” Running is discouraged in order to provide a safe, enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Exhibits must be picked up after play, or at the end of your visit. Please radiate kindness by extending a helping hand.
- If you are ill or become ill during your visit, please consider rescheduling your visit for when you are feeling well to keep a safe, healthy environment for all guests. Individuals showing signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- Guests may not remove items from the museum.
- Food and drinks are permitted in the craft room, at the tables only. Food and drinks are not permitted outside of this space.
- The museum may close due to weather, special events, and holidays, so be sure to check our social media page and 'Calendar' tab before planning your visit.
- If you see something that concerns you, please alert the YACM Volunteer immediately, or feel free to reach out by the 'Contact Us' tab, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Platform Wheelchair Lift: Please ensure that you are using the inclined platform wheelchair lift safely and correctly. Obey the operating guidelines at all times. Do not let children operate the lift. The lift is not a toy, it is a fully powered medical device to be respected.
- Please note, YACM reserves the right to remove any person who refuses to comply with the visitor policies.